Total Volleyball - Clinics
On Saturday May 11th at Sparsholt College, Winchester SO21 2NF
Both morning and afternoon clinics are aimed at coaches, want-to-be coaches and teachers of volleyball, with plenty of opportunity to take part in practical activities. To get the most out of the clinics, participants (if able) should be prepared to take part in the practical activities.
Book either morning or afternoon clinic for just £30 or for book both clinics for just £45.
A clinic looking into how game-like and game-based training can improve player and team performance.
- Do you Drill or Grill?
- Is your training pretty or ugly?
- Are you teaching technique or reading opportunities?
- Are you giving players the opportunities to make mistakes?
This is a 2.5 hour workshop will explore issues such as:
- Motor Learning
- Why reading the game is more important than technique
- How to use the game to teach the game
- How one letter of the alphabet can change your session planning and content
Led by Dave Gunter, Volleyball England Tutor and current Head Coach of Wessex VC Junior Girls, Southampton University Women and Men’s 1st Teams and Head Coach of South West U17 Girls.
Afternoon Clinic - Offensive Optimisation & Tactical Serving and Block Defence Systems
Part 1 – Offensive Optimisation
- Where should be the focus of offensive training?
- How can you build greater variety into your offence?
- How do your setters/hitters communicate?
- What are the differences between the men’s and women’s game?
Just some of the aspects of offensive play-making that will be covered by Jefferson Williams, former GB Men’s & Women’s coach and current coach at Malory Eagles VC.
Part 2 – Tactical Serving and Block/Defence Systems
- The impact of serving into different zones
- What block/defence options/systems are there?
- Which system should you use, when and why?
- Differences between the men’s and women’s game?
This part of the clinic will look at how tactical serving can influence a game, as well as exploring block/defence options and what systems might suit your team and why. Delivered by renowned serve/defence specialist Carol Gordon, boasting over 25 years experience with the England and GB squads as manager & coach.